Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Little Shed

If ever a man proved his love, it would be over this shed. He built it, he wired it, he moved it... I have never doubted his love for me... "Who, being loved, is poor?" (Oscar Wilde)

Probably cannot tell in the photo above but flowers are growing in the basket under the window. If I were a shed, this would be shed nirvana... Still need to attach lattice around the block foundation and find a step for under the door.
When the shed was at my house in town Daryl wired it so that I could have this purple and green glass chandelier... oh, this is true love...
Old rabbit hutch for garden chemical storage.
I've painted the ceiling lavender (to deflect bees) and the walls are stained Fernwood. Floor is also stained. Teacup hooks in the rafters will hold bundles of drying lavender. Art prints I purchased from street vendors in Paris, finally have a place to hang them!
These pitchforks leaning on the back wall of the shed are from Daryl's parents farm years in Kansas and Colorado, 1940s. Eventually we will mount them on the shed wall.




Arrival to the lake property.


Daryl stood up in my sun roof to take this photo of the crane truck driving down Lakeway Drive, loaded with my little shed!







The crane and truck.

The little shed in its first home.
About five years ago I purchased an 8 x 8 foot cedar shed kit from Sunbury Cedar in Delta, British Columbia. My genius Daryl changed the kit to my customized requests. He raised and rotated the roof 90 degrees, and added two windows, among other little things. He built it in the space between my back deck and garage, at my house in town. If he hadn't built it with so much love I'd have left it there when I moved, but I couldn't leave it for renters. The cost to move it out here was about half the cost of a new cedar shed kit from Sunbury Cedar, so, not only was it cost effective, it was sentimental too. The shed is very happy living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment