Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fort Casey

Ferry and cruise ships sparkle in the sound!
Oh, Fort Casey! How many hundreds of hours I've spent chasing through these bunkers with my brother, sister, mom, both fathers I was blessed with, grandparents, church friends, school friends... always a wonderful and sentimental place to visit.





I've been to the White Cliffs of Dover and these remind me of them. It's funny, because as the boat approached England, I flashed on all those afternoons I'd spent at Fort Casey as a child. Now, as I revisit Fort Casey, I remember visiting England and Ireland. If it's possible to channel my deceased Newfoundland relatives who were sea captains and whaling widows, it would happen while I am here, leaning over these cliffs.

Driftwood on the beach.


Daryl in profile in a bunker.


The Olympic Mountain Range sparkles in the distance!


No comments:

Post a Comment