Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shooting Stars and Kitty Cadavers

Summer days are gone too soon,
you shoot the moon and miss completely
And now you're left to face the gloom,
The empty room that once smelled sweetly of all the flowers you plucked
if only you knew the reason
why we had to each be lonely
Was it just the season?


(norah jones)


up on the bridge






Apparently summer was here and has left already... I did not notice because I was too busy dissecting cats and pigs' brains for an 8-week summer session biology class. In many ways I regret missing summer, because so many things in life - once you lose them or they pass you by, there is no retrieval... I know this so deeply. On the other hand, I learned a lot of useful information that I'm convinced will make me a better instructor, as well as confirmed that yes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Meow.
Even though I had no time to post on my blog I did take photos as the urge struck. These were taken in early June, on the old railroad lake trail. I missed most of the shooting stars, there were quite a few meteor showers this summer, but when the quarter was all over I enjoyed the ones in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment