Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flowers and Ducklings




This year we had TWO batches of baby ducks swim through twice a day! Both batches lost one or two babies within a couple of weeks. Cute, poopy, and not little for long!














Alaska nasturtiums!





The wonderful lavender hedge!










A good spot for morning coffee...


heliotrope, I love this little flower! it's supposed to mean eternal love. I want to plant more of them next year.

Roses!! The dear have only"trimmed" them for us three times! that's amazing! The bloodmeal sachets I hung on the dogwoods out in the field have no effect here, the dear are not put off by them here. Next year I will find some other way to protect these roses. They were all No. 2 and 3 grade roses, each one costing only a couple of dollars, and so, for the first year, I think we've done really well!










The puny shade garden... too dry, I think.













Happy petunias!

No comments:

Post a Comment