Thursday, December 3, 2009

Winter Garden

Probably doesn't look like much work but it really is! After I decided that trying to grow summer vegetables on the sunny, lakeside of the house didn't work out, setting up the garden bed on the warm, field side of the house did make sense! The lake side just gets too much wind. So, I lifted out 8 x 12 foot area of sod, then dug holes for the posts. Daryl is going to help me attach hogwire around these posts so hungry little critters will not eat all our delicious carrots, tomatoes, blueberries and peas! Will be easy to disassemble if we ever do not want a garden. Even though Daryl is the worker in these photos, you can ask him, I did all the hard labor and used birthday money from my parents to buy the supplies. Thanks Mom and Dad! Hopefully they'll come visit in the summer and enjoy the garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment