Thursday, February 11, 2010

Butchart Gardens



It was overcast and misty rain but I really wanted to see Butchart Gardens in the winter. I'd visited in summer twice before, so seeing it bare and without bloom was my goal. I thought I'd gain some good ideas for our yard here at home. And, guess what - I did!









So much beautiful moss!!






The Japanese Garden was the most inspiring. I'm hopeful we can create a moss garden at home in the contemplation, shade side of the house.


Right in the middle of the garden path is a little side path that leads to an overlook of this fishing boat. I thought it was a perfect picture of the village from years ago.

Oh, giardino bello! The Italian garden is beautiful and now I have ideas for a courtyard on all that cement in front of the house! Daryl just rolled his eyes at me, he's so polite...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read, and see, you enjoyed your winter visit. It is a little like taking a back stage tour between productions, isn't it?

    You'll be interested to know our director of horticulture has said "In my records I've never recorded so many plants blooming for us this early in the year and each week we something new."

    So do come back and see our early spring.

    Graham Bell
    The Butchart Gardens

    ReplyDelete