Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spring Fowl

Otherwise

I got out of bed
on two strong legs.
It might have been
otherwise. I ate
cereal, sweet
milk, ripe, flawless
peach. It might
have been otherwise.
I took the dog uphill
to the bird wood.
All morning I did the
the work I love.

At noon I lay down
with my mate. It might
have been otherwise.
We ate dinner together
at a table with silver
candlesticks. It might
have been otherwise.
I slept in a bed
in a room of paintings
on the walls, and
planned another day
just like this day.
But one day, I know,
it will be otherwise.

Jane Kenyon


We were surprised to see a wood duck at our bird feeders! But, nothing should be surprising out here anymore, stranger things.... So, I just snapped one quick photo through the window and never saw it again. The other photos are a group of buffleheads, mergansers, and loons who were coming and going all spring. Neato!









No comments:

Post a Comment